Fire Code Inspection Schedule
The Lincolnton Fire Marshal enforces the current edition of the North Carolina Fire Prevention Code. The schedule is based on the type of occupancy as defined by the Fire Code. The examples list the minimum frequency rate of inspections; however, it is not an all inclusive list. Residential one and two family dwellings are exempt from the Fire Code.
- Assembly Occupancies - Restaurants, clubs, gyms and places of entertainment, etc.
- Hazardous Materials Facilities - Hazardous materials, flammable liquids and explosives facilities, etc.
- High-Rise Buildings – All use types.
- Institutional Facilities - Hospital, nursing homes, licensed care facilities, jails, etc.
- Residential Locations – Apartments, hotels, motels, dormitories, etc.
Two Year Inspections
- Educational Facilities – Private schools, etc. public schools are inspected every six months.
- Factory / Industrial Facilities – Manufacturing and assembly plants, etc.
Three Year Inspections
- Assembly Areas – With an occupant load less than 100
- Business Locations – Banks, barber & beauty shops, gas stations & self-service, educational occupancies above the 12th grade, print shops, professional service offices (architects, attorneys, dentists, physicians, engineers), etc.
- Mercantile Facilities - Department stores, drug stores, markets, retail or wholesale stores, etc.
- Miscellaneous Facilities – Tanks, silos, greenhouses, etc.
- Religious Facilities - Churches and synagogues
- Storage Facilities – Warehouses, garages, hangers, etc.
Foster Home Inspections
The Department of Social Services (DSS) or the homeowner may contact the Fire Marshal’s Office to conduct fire inspections, as required. Occupants should have the correct paperwork from DSS prior to the inspection.
For more information, call 704-736-8920.
Residential one and two family dwellings are exempt from the Fire Code.