- Parks & Recreation
- Our Parks & Facilities
- Motz Avenue Dog Park
Motz Avenue Dog Park
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC STARTING MAY 1, 2021!
492 Motz Ave, Lincolnton, NC 28092
Regular Park Hours
Monday - Saturday | Dawn - Dusk
Sunday | 12:30p - Dusk
*Please note: schedule is subject to change for routine grounds maintenance, holidays, and severe weather.
Dog Park Rules
Violating any of these rules will result in the termination of Dog Park privileges.
- DOGS ONLY! Please do not bring any other type of pets to the Dog Park.
- ALL dogs entering the Dog Park must be spayed or neutered.
- Puppies under 5 months old are not permitted.
- Maximum of 2 dogs per owner at the Dog Park.
- Maximum amount of dogs allowed per Dog Park area:
- “Small Dog Area”: 20
- “Large Dog Area”: 15
- “Training Area”: 10
- Dogs must weigh less than 35 lbs to enter the “Small Dog Area”. Dogs must weigh 35 lbs or more to enter the “Large Dog Area”.
- Dogs entering the Dog Park must be up to date on vaccinations (per NC regulations – including rabies, distemper, and parvovirus), parasite-free, and free of any contagious conditions.
- All dogs must wear an ID tag (license) and current rabies vaccination tag.
- Keep dogs leashed when outside of gates. Leashes must be 6’ or less.
- Leashes are not allowed to be used within the main fenced areas of the “Small Dog Area” or the “Large Dog Area”. Leashes should only be used for training purposes in the “Training Area”.
- Leash and unleash your dog inside the double-gated holding areas, not inside any main fenced areas.
- Only one person and their dog(s) are allowed in each holding area at a time.
- Close ALL holding area gates immediately after opening them.
- OWNERS MUST IMMEDIATELY CLEAN UP AFTER THEIR DOGS! Waste should be properly disposed of in on-site, designated containers. Any holes or disturbed areas created by a dog must be immediately repaired by the dog’s owner.
- Aggressive dogs are NOT permitted.
- Owners must immediately leash and remove dogs from the dog park at the first sign of aggressive behavior or if the dog becomes sick.
- NO FOOD, TREATS, TOYS, OR GLASS CONTAINERS ALLOWED (for either dog or human consumption/use).
- Children ages 12 and under are NOT allowed in the Dog Park. Children ages 13 – 17 must be supervised by an adult.
- Smoking, vaping, alcohol, and tobacco products of any type are not permitted at the Dog Park.
- Commercial use of the Dog Park (training classes, solicitations, and/or advertisements) must receive prior approval from the City of Lincolnton Parks and Recreation Department.
- Owners must directly supervise their dogs at ALL TIMES and must remain inside of the fenced areas with their dog(s) while they are using the Dog Park. Owners must be in view of, and have voice control over, their dog(s) at ALL times.
- Spectators should remain outside of the fenced areas.
- All City of Lincolnton, Lincoln County, and State of North Carolina animal ordinances and laws shall apply within the Dog Park.
- North Carolina State Law requires all dog bites to be immediately reported to the Lincoln County Animal Control Department (704-736-4125). Additionally, owners are required to assist in the investigation of incidents of aggression or biting by providing appropriate identification and information to the Lincolnton Police Department (704-736-8900), Lincolnton Parks and Recreation Department (704-735-2671), AND to other dog owners who are involved with the incident under investigation. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
- Dog park users must immediately leave the Dog Park, or specified Dog Park area(s), when requested to do so by Parks and Recreation or City/County enforcement personnel.
- General park rules:
- No trespassing after hours per Section 96.01 of the City of Lincolnton Code of Ordinances.
- No weapons or drugs allowed on park premises.
- No fireworks, camping, or open burning allowed on park premises unless written permission is granted by the Parks & Recreation Director or designee.
- The possession or use of alcohol is prohibited unless permitted through the City of Lincolnton’s special events permitting process.
- No solicitation allowed.
- It is a criminal violation of the City of Lincolnton Code of Ordinances, section 96.02, for any Registered Sex Offender to be on or about this recreation facility. Violators are subject to immediate arrest and punishable by fines and/or incarceration.
- Poisonous snakes, insects, and plants are all parts of the natural environment. Please be aware of your surroundings.
- Littering is prohibited. To help maintain a clean and safe environment for park visitors, put trash in designated receptacles.
All rule violations should be immediately reported to Lincolnton Parks and Recreation at (704) 735-2671.
Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog at the Dog Park and are fully responsible for their dog’s actions. Any dog found to have bitten another dog/person will permanently lose all Dog Park privileges.
For safety purposes, the City of Lincolnton Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to prohibit any dog from entering the Dog Park at any time. Additionally, the City of Lincolnton Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse admission and/or suspend users from the Dog Park.
The City of Lincolnton and the City of Lincolnton Parks and Recreation Department assume no liability for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses sustained on the grounds of the Dog Park.
The City of Lincolnton Police Department and City of Lincolnton Parks and Recreation Department staff have full authority to enforce all rules and regulations pertaining to the use of the Dog Park.